Sunday, July 13, 2014

Flower Shaped Card Tutorial

Hello Everyone!! I saw this idea and I had to give it a try! It is called a shape card. It is made with the Flower Frame Framelits. I am going to go step by step to show you how to make this card. It looks harder than it really is. I have listed all of the items you will need below this email that you will need to make the card. The only thing I didn't list was the DSP paper. That is because the paper I used is retired and you can't buy it anymore. However, you can use ANY of the DSP paper to create this card. And its the perfect time to do it because there is a special going on this month if you buy 3 packs of DSP paper you get one free!! The paper packs have 12 sheets of double sided paper with beautiful patterns and they are only $10.95 each. Click HERE to take a look at the different patterns in my store. This is a picture of the finished product. I made this card for my friends Mom's birthday and can't wait to send it to her!

 Cut a piece of Whisper White paper to be 10 X 7 and score at 5 (makes a 5x7 card size)
Fold in half, put the largest Flower Frame Framelit and place as shown on the card stock. Make sure you leave leave some space at the top that won't be cut so it will open and be a card.
This is what it will look like. Don't worry about the flat top..we will cover that with the DSP Paper.
 That that same large Flower Frame Framelit and use it to cut whatever DSP paper you choose.
Here is the cut out flower. Using your snail add that to the card base and it will cover the flat top. 
I am using some of the colors from the DSP Paper with the Daydream Medallion stamp set. Stamp them on Whisper White paper.
Using your Big Shot and the Flower Frame Framelits cut the pieces out. I am also using my magnetic platform which is a must if your using framelits! It holds them in place so they don't shift when you put the other plate on top.

Using you snail adhesive attach the largest stamp medallion to the DSP Paper.
Using Dementionals on the rest...to pop them up a little to give some dimension.
Continue to layer the pieces...


Add a little BLING (must have that bling!)
Then on the inside I used the 2 of the stamps from the Daydream Medallion stamp set and the sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set(a must have! It has 18 different greetings)

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Let me know in the comments below:) 
Have a wonderful day and happy stamping!! 
<

No comments:

Post a Comment